Sunday, August 21, 2005

Officials Claim Noise levels in the City Centre at 5 Year High

It was a typical night. It was about 11pm, I had drank my cup of Green and Black's hot chocolate and I was ready to sleep. But there was a muffled voice in the air. A sleepless malice was in my building. The room below to be precise. There was a couple arguing about something, ususual as in the last 4 months i have never heard them argue at all. I turned in my bed and tried to ignore them but she screams at him "how can i forgive you after what you did". They have my attention as it could be a bit of a rumpy pumpy scandel. I go to the kitchen and grab a tumbler and put it to the floor (laminate) and listen. The voices arn't clear, lots of swear words and name calling. Then the pushed the wrong button with him. He's screaming at her now. He threatens to kill her! "Get on your fucking knees" follows soon after. Then there are two screams and then silence. And more silence.
I rn to the kitchen and get me a pint glass. More silence.
I look over my balcony and consider throwing myself onto their's.
But i'm wearing Paddington Bear pyjamas. I put that aside. A life is in danger.
But its a big drop what if i hurt myself and just lie on their balcony shouting at him. That will look silly. Be a man i said to myself.
But what if their door is locked from the inside. Screw it, I'm Not a superhero. I call the police.
I let them in the building 10 mins later. I show them to the door then finally go to bed and I got some bloody sleep. Some people are so inconsiderate.