Sunday, November 19, 2006

Crack House Uncovered

The flat across the hallway has aroused my suspicion for the last few months. It is the number of different people that I see going in and out. The blinds that are always closed. The strange noises I hear when I press a glass to the wall (note to self: buy pint glasses from Ikea). The thing I struggle with is the front door that is often left ajar. It is like giving me a big red button that says "Do not press". I want to wander in and find out what is going on. I know I shoudn’t but I get butterflies at the thought of doing it. It intrigues me.

Over the last couple of months I narrowed down the possibilities for what this flat holds. It is a crack flat or a halfway flat used for people smuggling. That said, going of the people I greeted on the stairs they is a pretty lucrative market in smuggling professional english men and women. It would be ironic if this was true as the passport office is the next street along.

Unable to contain my curiosity, which began to border on paranoia when I saw one of them with a camera and I through that I was being spied upon by Mi5, I confronted one of them. After several minute of interrogation she cracked. Sayeed of LOST would have been proud (Note to self: Stop giving people the impression you torture people who live in your building).

It is a travel agent. Bit of an anti climax really.

Maybe it is a cover story...