Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Liverpool Vs Manchester: Gay Village Dual

Apparently Liverpool is to get its own gay village down Stanley Street and it is going to give the village in Manchester a run for its money. Some people will think that appeals to me.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Cardiff, nice place with its charming buildings and late night establishments which transform from a sleepy traditional city full people called Llewelyn to a thriving party town where anything goes and the locals are as free spirited as the weather is rainy. Cardiff is truly a moveable feast.

There are a lot of men in Cardiff called Llewelyn. While I was there I was told and old welsh tale about a father who, looking for his lost son, placed and advert in the Cardiff Evening Post which read ''Llewlyn, meet me at the St David's hotel, all is forgiven, papa'' and how a local division of her majesty's police was needed to disperse the crowd that had gathered.

While in Cardiff I was in a conversation with a few poeple and I was talking about my recent documented move and how I needed to furnish the place and I did so through regular visits to IKEA. Soon after I was asked the question ''are you gay?'', ''why do you ask?'', ''because you dress well and are funny... oh and you like shopping at IKEA''

This caused me to question something.

Is IKEA a gay hang out?