Wednesday, June 27, 2007

College Reunion : The Manchester Diaries

I like the reunions as often you meet people who who have never met before or you meet people you only see at the reunion. I was working the crowd last night, I was feeling confident as I was wearing my Bat Fink t-shirt which means that I don't have to come up with an opening line. People do the work for me. Lazy, I know.

To my surprise the opening line I got was someone calling my name when I had no idea who they were. It was a guy who now works for the Chile Information Project so we will call him Chip. Chip knew one of the minxes and as a result knew a lot about me (scary).

Chip and I got on great (ignore his comment about my girly looking nails) and he taught me about the "Cointreau Wave". Then he showed me the wave. I waved, he waved and then we parted company so that I could continue to work the crowd. I look forward to seeing Chip next year.

Over and over and over and over and over
Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal
The joy of repetition really is in you
Under and under and under and under and under
The smell of repetition really is on you
And when I feel this way I really am with you