Thursday, June 28, 2007

College Reunion : Strictly Come Dancing

The second night of the college reunion is traditionally a themed party and this year it was a Strictly Come Dancing theme, there was a Bruce Forsythe look-a-like and the works. Unfortunately, Chip had gone home during the day so good company was harder to come by. Thankfully, I bumped into Hannah the Occupational Therapist who was my dancing partner from a previous reunion and we hit the dance floor. I had been coached the night before by some seasoned dancers who had come up from London especially for the dance off and they gave me pointers (Hands and arms closer to my hips not my head, no more pointing, no more biting lower lip, confident smile).

As the night went on I became more and more confident and I can remember running/dancing on one spot. I am sure it looked good(?).
I didn't want the night to end, even when the music stopped Hannah and I kept dancing. We had to do it by singing Queen - Don't Stop Me Now. The only problem is my voice gets croaky at 2am and neither of us new the words.... It didn't stop us

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time Just give me a call
Don't stop me now ('Cause I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (Yes I'm having a good time)
I don't wanna stop at all