Friday, March 16, 2007

Amsterdam Nights 1

I blog from my hotel reception today. It is my first morning in amsterdam.

You would think that a hotel with free internet access would be up to my normal standards but last night I slept on a bunk in a room with five other bunks. There are ten of us in this room. It is a stag do. The man on top of me snores like a kitten purrs. It is very soothing.

I have become immune/de-sensitised to what I see here. It is weird that I have become so accepting of what I see. Highlight of last night was walking one of the passepartout home after he indulged a bit too much. We have adopted an all for one and one for all rule. This was despite my objections. So when he fell asleep standing on his feet with his eyes open we all walked him home.

We bumped into a lovely hot german couple who have struggled with their reservation. The two hot girls told the hostel/hotel they would arrive at 1. They (the hot girls) turned up at 7 and were told their room has been given to someone else. A little harsh I thought (on the hot girls).

I am trying to pursuade the group to let them stay in our room as it is the right thing to do.

Forever the humanitarian.