Saturday, March 17, 2007

Amsterdam Nights 2

My short stint as mother duck is over. In a coup d'etat the group decided that my methods of giving directions was oppressive and a new regieme has taken over. It didn't bother me but one of the passepartout compared me to a modern day Idi Amin (without the cannibalism). I felt this was a little harsh.
Is is morning two, breakfast is two fried egss and toast. That was breakfast yesterday morning. It will be breakfast tomorrow.

My recently purchased towel is the best purchase of the trip so far as it became apparent soon after arrival that the hotel did not provide them. However, the trip to the Heineken Brewery is a close second. I tried my first Heineken. It was crisp smooth and of premium quality. None of that mattered as it tasted really really bad and i gave my remaining tokens for the free drinks to the group. I wish i had taken a picture of the table we were on. The number of drinks out numbered the people around it by 3 to 1. I wanted to think that was because the drinks were free. But this was one constant throughout this second day.

My head hurts and I have found an inflatable sheep in my satchel.
I dont know where it came from.