Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Twisting My Melon

I was watching VH1 and Pet Shop Boys "Heart"was playing, the one with the vampire and the bride. The wierd thing was I am pretty sure that the vampire is played by none other than Burnley's own Sir Ian Mckellen. Gandolf in a Pet Shop Boys video! That would normally be enough to twist my melon but there is more.

Manchester was a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed meeting the Hyndburn Correspondant's(HC) sister after many long years. After a night of surprises for friends who have not seen me for a while (with the drinking and smoking) we were having a good time and HC got us in to the Press Club which is supposed to be an exclusive late night venue where the Corrie stars hand out. Not that I would know any of them. between you and me I was hoping to spot Lucy Meacock. For so long i have hidden my affection for her. Perhaps tonight would be the night. That would have make me very happy.

Anyway, dont be dissapointed if you cant get in to the Press Club as it is little more than a working mens club with a sticky floor. Anyway, I was in the gents and this guy stood next to me. Typical manc guy with the manc accent giving all the "all right" "im buzzin" and the like. Scruffy fellow and his cloth was poor i thought. Anyway, it turns out it was Bez from the Happy Mondays.

That was the highlight of my night. He does dance like a monkey on acid though. This was a really good night out. In fact it was such a good night out if you were not then then you are a loser (as HC put it). I agree with him