Saturday, July 21, 2007

She Gave Me Crabs


I was in Looe throwing my line about on the shoreline close to the the docks. I was trying to catch crabs with my manky piece of bait and a hook with very little success but I had so much fun doing it. I was befriended by a young scottish lady who was the worst teacher ever. She shouted and swore which made me nervous. I didn't like her.
I think she felt sorry for me at the end of the day as I had not caught anything so she gave me her bucket which was full of crabs. Some of em were pretty big.

We pitched our tent last night in the rain and tucked into the 3p french baguette that Moonlight Graham bought from the Asda in Bodmin. It had only turned midnight when a stroppy in the next tent tapped on the side of the tent
"Knock Knock" is what she said
"Hello???" Was the response coupled with fits of the giggles at the whole onomatopoeic intro
"Can you keep it down, I dont know if you realise how much sound travels, I have been trying to sleep four an hour now"
Now I know that we probably should have just gone to sleep and let it go but it was our first night and we were having a conversation in our tent. What is wrong with that?
I think she was mean and so did Moonlight. So we took a couple of her tent pegs half way out. I hope the wind picks up int he next couple of nights.